Tropical Storm Zeta hit GA and the Atlanta region last night. Over 1 Million homes and businesses started the day without power.
If you have a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, you know exactly what to do and what steps to take right now.
A business continuity plan includes strategies for responding to unplanned outages and other risks that could affect your ability to run your business. These risks usually include natural disasters—weather-related events, flood, fire, or cyber and virtual attacks. It should be reviewed and updated regularly.
A typical plan includes:
- Identifying all potential risks
- Determining the effect of the risk on the company’s normal operations
- Implementing procedures and safeguards for risk mitigation
- Testing the procedures to ensure their success
- Constantly reviewing the processes to make sure it’s updated
Once a business identifies its risks and vulnerabilities, it needs to take the following steps:
- Understanding how these risks will interfere or affect operations
- Setting up procedures and safeguards that mitigate risks and offer rapid solutions
- Systems on how to test solutions to ensure they work, and scheduling them regularly
- Ensuring that processes are systematically reviewed to make sure they’re up to date
Let us know when you are ready to work with us on getting a Plan finished and Documented so you are not left out in the cold next time.
Call or email WNC for help with your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, or if you need any technical assistance as power and internet outages are restored.
Share This Article
READY TO GET STARTED?
Contact Us Today
Here at Warrington Network Consultants we are committed to providing the most reliable and cost-effective Information Technology and Telephony solutions to suit your individual needs. We specialize in providing complete information technology solutions for small and medium-sized businesses so you don’t have to worry about finding multiple vendors or providers. Whether you’re looking for a security company, data company, or Internet and communications consultant, we have them all right here. Contact us today to find out how we can help you monitor and maintain your IT infrastructure.